Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

By: Susan Proctor

From the Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
I bought this great cookbook thinking I might find something in it to cook. And yes I did! I remember as a kid my mom and grandma making alot of food out of Biquick back in their day. Amanda wanted to take it home when she saw it.
Here is the first recpie I have tried...


1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
1 Cup Milk
2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400'f Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly
cooked; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.

2. In medium bowl, stir all remaining ingredients with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I seasoned the ground beef really well. It was relly good we eat it for dinner and for a snack later.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Start to Finish 40 Minutes
6 Servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 30 to 35 minutes

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Cool! I might have to make this one! I'm a Bisquick believer. Maybe I'll have to share with you my recipe for homemade Bisquick!