Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wedding Cake

I have been making a wedding cake these past few days for a couple that I worked with this summer at the call center. Dan & Kelsey Itri. Kelsey brought a picture of a really cute cake that she wanted me to make.

Then I got a phone call from the bride on Monday wondering if she could bring her Mom and Grandma over to talk about the cake. Her Mom and Grandma were not happy with the cake that she had chosen. They thought it was to hip for the dress she was going to be wearing and where the recption was going to be at. They said they didn't want the cake to draw away from the bride. So I got out a pencil and paper and started drawing a cake that looked like her wedding dress, and this is what we came up with....

I hand-painted silver, pearl & sparkle



I sculped the bottom layer to look like the bottom of the bride's dress with a little silver design.



The top and the bottom layers of cake were filled with raspberry filling the other two layers has strawberry filling. It had homemade marshmallow fondant which tastes better than that nasty-tasting regular fondant.

This was a really fun cake to make. It took me about 26 or more hours from start to finish. I have found that I really enjoy making them. I may be making one for a lady I work with at the school. If I do, I will post some pictures of it. If you know of anyone getting married and needs a cake, tell them to give me a call.

2 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

It turned out AMAZING! Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Sue I am soooo calling you to make my cake when I get married. It turned out beautiful. You are amazing! I hope all is going good for you you. Rachel does not have a blog that I know of but she is on facebook.