Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley 1910 - 2008

We will miss this Great man.




The Proctor family's have been blessed to have lived in the world with President Gordon B. Hinckley as are Prophet. We can all be proud to know that uncle Bill helped to build the pulpit. That now graces the conference center. What a legacy that president Hinckley has left behind for all of us to love.
Uncle Bill spent a lot of time together with president Hinckley planning the construction of the pulpit.


I found this recipe President Hinckey liked.

So I thought I would share it with you.

Custard

3 cups whole or 2% milk
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
Nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In blender, mix milk, eggs, vanilla, and white sugar. Sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of small loaf pan. Pour milk mixture on top and sprinkle with nutmeg. Place loaf pan in larger, oblong cake pan with an inch of water. Bake for 70 minutes (or until knife inserter in center comes out clean). Remove and allow to cool slightly; then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Refrigerated, it will keep for at least 1 week. Serves 4 to 5.

Contributed by Jane Hinckley: "Custard is a comfort food. My mom often made it while we were growing up. I love it, my husband, Richard, loves it, and our children love it. I also love giving it to friends because I feel it is different from what most people give them. Richard's father, President Gordon B. Hinckley, served a mission in England, so he has always liked it."

0 comments: