Friday, January 25, 2008

Grandma's Yucky Cookies


By: Rosemary Proctor

They are really good cookies.
They got there name because she would always make them and have them around or take them to family get together's. And then one day one of the grandson's (Jared) started calling them Yucky Cookies. I think it was because of all the great things in them he did not like in them.

Grandma Proctor's Cookies

Cream together:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbl shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plus 2 Tbl applesauce

Add:
3 cups quick oats
2 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanuts
2 cups raisins
1/2 cup pecans

Bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Mash down a little before cooking. Cook at 350 for 12-15 mins.

4 comments:

dujyt said...

These are the ones! Thank you so much! And posting the new photo of Grandma makes them even more special to me. Thanks, Sue.
Judy

Christensen family said...

Jared hated the nuts, that is why they were Yucky Cookies. :)

dujyt said...

:-) I figured that was the reason. I just got a kick out of how the name stuck. When I make them, I'll have to take them to my work because no one in my family could deal with the all the nuts either.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I made them this Sunday morning, I really think they should be called Bird seed cookies. Because of all the stuff in them.