Thursday, January 10, 2008

Garlic Cheese Biscuits


By: Susan Proctor
Yep, it's a Paula Deen recipe!

I made them for dinner tonight. My kids tease me about all the Paula Deen recipes I use, but they are good! Amanda was over for dinner tonight, and she thought these biscuits were great!

1 1/4 Cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 Cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1. Preheat the oven to 400' Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.Combine the Bisquick and cheese in a small bowl. Add 1/3 cup water and stir just until combined. The dough will be slightly moist. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until firm and beginning to brown.
3. While the biscuits are baking, make the garlic butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. Mix well.
4. As soon as you bring the biscuits from the oven, brush them with garlic butter, using a pastry brush.

Makes 12 small biscuits


Paula says these are almost better the day after than when you first make them. It's the garlic butter that makes them so tasty. Leftovers (if there are any!) can be refrigerated. When ready to serve, split and reheat biscuits in toaster oven for about 3 minutes at 300'

3 comments:

Rosie said...

These were SOOOOOOO Good! I highly recommend this recipe!

Rosie said...

Guess what mom, my chia pet has donald trump hair! I thought you might enjoy that since you are an apprentice fan now

Anonymous said...

Sue, I love your website. Now I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but I can't wait! There are so many I don't know where to start. If you had to choose just one to make what would it be? Then I will try that one and let you know what I think!
Can't wait to try it!
Katie